Our media elites arrogantly lecture about our republic being been destroyed by robotic propaganda, but do they ever listen to themselves talk about the Democrat? Somehow, they anticipate their robotic propaganda is just the “truth.” The press came to witness the Senate impeachment trial, and Rep. Adam Schiff had them at hello.
No member of Congress has been more dramatically partisan in this war on the Trump presidency than Schiff. Did you know he’s the second coming of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg? Check out such lists of the media’s responses to his opening statement at the trial.
1 .” I think it’ll go down as one of the great performances … He simply shreds the other side every time he gets up ,” claimed MSNBC’s Jonathan Alter.
2. On CNN, Wolf Blitzer said it was ” a extremely, really powerful and forceful speech … a very, very strong case from Adam Schiff .”
3. CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin called it” astonishing … genuinely remarkable” and said,” It was the second-best courtroom address, since it’s like a courtroom, that I ever heard .”
4. On Twitter, Washington Post reporter Greg Miller oozed,” the direction he has treated impeachment will leave a mark on history, surpassing nearly all contemporaries .”
5. Washington Post writer Jennifer Rubin wrote a valentine to Schiff’s ” grand slam” with the headline” Adam Schiff’s Brilliant Presentation Is Knocking Down Excuses to Acquit .”
6. ABC’s Terry Moran said:” It was meticulous and well-organized. It was grounded in evidence, which he recited and arranged … in a comprehensive narrative. At periods, he tried to rise to a degree of eloquence and incite a sense of responsibility for the Senate .”
7. MSNBC’s Jason Johnson insisted Schiff wasn’t just talking to senators:” He was speaking to 100 times in the future. This is a speech that kids are going to be giving in 2060 … at university programmes .”
8. CNN’s Paul Begala seconded that feeling:” I believe what Adam Schiff said here today is going to be studied 40 or 50 times from now .”
9. MSNBC lovebirds Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski echoed one another in adoring Schiff’s” virtuoso concert .”
Then these people wonder why Americans watch Fox News instead! To desire Schiff’s suit, you have to believe that a single phone call from the president to the Ukrainian president is somehow an impeachable offense on the different levels of abuse of power and obstruction of the House.
What’s entirely missing from this tsunami of saccharine sentiments is an important counterargument. Schiff has lied and manipulated this entire process. Schiff’s personnel collaborating with the “whistleblower” in August, before his ailment was filed. But then Schiff lied shamelessly on MSNBC on Sept. 17, saying,” We have not spoken immediately with the whistleblower .” Two weeks later, he lied again when he thanked Michael Atkinson, labour inspectors general for the intelligence community, without whom he” might not have even known there was a whistleblower complaint .”
The ” fact-checkers” actually labelled Schiff on this, but how serious was the assessment criteria? Consider this: PolitiFact was first established in 2007, and this was the first time it has ever discovered an error in his statements. Since 2012, Sen. Ted Cruz has been subjected to 143 fact-checks, while Schiff has two.
The dishonesty of Schiff emerged again during the trial, as where reference is mischaracterized text messages from Ukraine-scandal figure Lev Parnas to Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani. As usual, the Schiff-adoring networks skipped right over his lies.
But they lecture us about the soundnes of democracy.
L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center. Tim Graham is director of media analysis at the Media Research Center and executive editor of the blog NewsBusters.org. To find out more about Brent Bozell III and Tim Graham, and read aspects by other Architects Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.
Read more: dailywire.com