One-time Strictly winner Tom Chambers is inducing a stir in the village as Leyla’s mystery man Clive. So here’s a quick reminder of Tom’s previous TV hits…
( Painting: BBC)
There’s been scandal in the village this week, following the arrival of Leyla Harding’s mystery man, Clive, who she seduced away from another woman!
Tom Chambers, who plays Clive, has starred in some of telly’s greatest slams including BBC One’s Casualty, Holby City and Waterloo Road. Plus almost a decade ago, “hes been” the winner of Strictly Come Dancing.
1. Tom was once in the National Youth Music Theatre where Jude Law and Jonny Lee Miller also once trained.
2. Tom is a bit of an action-man and enjoys skiing. He was reportedly once approached to compete with the Austrian Olympic skiing team but chose to pursue his acting job instead.
3. He left his persona as Sam Strachan in Casualty last year to tour with the musical Crazy For You. But Tom has intimated he could be back at research hospitals in the future.
4. Tom has been married to spouse Clare Harding( she was his teenage sweetheart) since October 2008 and the couple have two children, William and Olive.
5. In 2008, Tom took part in the Great Stroll to Beijing, which was organised by vocalist Olivia Newton-John to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research. Other superstars to join Olivia for the charity event included Dannii Minogue, Sir Cliff Richard, Anton Du Beke and now ex-Emmerdale star Gemma Atkinson.
6. Dancing is a great passion for Tom and produced him to ultimately win Strictly Come Dancing in 2008 with dance partner Camilla Dallerup. “I be interesting to Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire from a very young age ,” Tom has said.” I used to stamp on the kitchen floor before I knew what tap dancing was. I used to see those matinee idol cinemas and I became really are of interest to tap dancing specifically .”
7. Nonetheless, competing in Strictly doesn’t come without contention. There was a voting backlash from onlookers when Tom went through to the final alongside Lisa Snowdon and Rachel Stevens. Viewers argued he’d been the worst dancer in the previous week’s dance-off and at the time the judges were unimpressed.
Emmerdale continues weeknights at 7:00 pm on ITV
The post 7 fun facts about Emmerdale ace Tom Chambers, aka Clive showed firstly on What’ s on Tv.
Read more: whatsontv.co.uk